Google, Mountain View
Software Engineering InternMay 2019 to August 2019
This internship still has not started, but there is some information I can share.
Google has successfully launched the eSIM support on Pixel phones. eSIM replaces the traditional SIM card, instead, it's an embedded SIM card on the board which is much smaller than a normal SIM card. It supports the user to activate a carrier service just at home, and switch between carriers more easily. This project broadens the support of eSIM when it's becoming more and more popular.
aUToronto, University of Toronto
Lead Code Strategist and Release ManagerJanuary 2019 to Present
Software Engineer for AutonomyJuly 2018 to Present
- Held weekly team-wide meetings to review code issues, analyse merge request, and update on current code affairs.
- Managed code quality and developed tools and pipelines to improve code consistency, structure, and interoperability.
- Reviewed merge requests and curated lists of verified and tested patches to include in each stable release.
- Developed traffic light and sign detection and classification suites deployed on the team’s self-driving car placing first in year one of the SAE Autodrive challenge outperforming the competition by a 10% margin.
- Worked in a collaborative academic environment to design state-of-the-art software based on modern research.
Fortran Traffic Systems, Toronto
Student Software DeveloperMay 2018 to September 2018
- Deployed prediction and analysis algorithms on a regional scale under a “smart traffic” initiative to improve traffic flow.
- Developed production-level traffic simulation tools to aid in internal development and testing of emergency vehicle and transit traffic control protocols and external traffic intersection optimisation.
- Performed case study research on certain traffic intersections to improve existing traffic simulation tool sets.
WatchOut Subscription, Remote
Co-founder and Chief Information OfficerMarch 2016 to September 2017
- Worked with co-founders to design a subscription-based platform providing an alternative to purchasing wristwatches.
- Managed and maintained all information infrastructure including databases and payment processing services.